Hi, my name is Tona Bell and I am the proprietress of a paperie and a makerie in Tampa, Florida called The Paper Seahorse.
We are a studio dedicated to helping people slow down, reconnect with themselves and others. After experiencing burnout and digital burnout, I decided to pursue my lifelong dream of creating a calm space where one can be creative and unplug.
We offer analog tools to help you enjoy a digital detox. Things like letter writing, learning calligraphy and improving handwriting. It is a place where you can geek out on fountain pens and buy vintage typewriters. Find some of the best paper in the world and find goods to inspire your creativity. We believe that wellness starts when you are calm and in flow state, that minimizing screen-time (unplugging from smart phones, tablets and computers) makes you happier and healthier. Mindfulness and creativity starts here with us.
We are so grateful for the past 12 months of helping people in our community and around the world. Here are our best 9 for the year:
- Developed a Typewriter Bar Writing Experience for 700 attendees
- Hosted Master Penman Michael Sull for two weekend workshops
- Created our Signature Blend of organic tea: jasmine, lemongrass, green tea
- Conceived our first calligraphy kit with The Postmans Knock
- Taught our first Improve Your Handwriting Class
- Expanded our team with three new cowgirls: Erica/Clara/Amanda
- Started the Florida Origami Group that meets the 3rd Saturday of each month
- Made Hippocampus Vol. 1 magazine for our 3rd Anniversary
- Designed a Pop-Up in Ybor City with Frivolous Dry Goods
Thanks to everyone who made it possible. You know who you are. We are looking forward to many more adventures in 2019.