Blogging For Makers And Creators
A blog helps you connect with an audience of dedicated fans of your work, it tells the story of you and your creations, and lets the world get a behind the scenes peak of what, where, why, and how you create.
A blog is an essential part of building your brand on the internet.
In this beginning class we will cover:
- What is a blog and why would I want one?
- Your blog and getting found on the internet (a non-techy guide to SEO)
- Exploration of blogging platforms (free and paid)
- Anatomy of a blog post
- Now what? What to do after you write your blog post.
- Rinse. Repeat. How often do I need to do this blog thing?
- Is this thing on? How to let the world know your blog exists.
Closing notes. Newsletters. Ecommerce. Branching out from blog to full-blown website.
Teacher – Jodi Fritch
Boho Tassel Necklace
How would you like to be complimented on your beautiful and trendy necklace?
How would you like to respond, "Thanks, I made it myself?" That's exactly what will happen when you make and take this super fun and creative class. This easygoing class goes perfect with a glass of wine and your favorite girlfriends. All materials included.
Teacher - Julie Clarke
Branding for Creatives: A Crash Course Class
Designed for creative entrepreneurs and independent artists and makers starting their own business, this 2-hour branding crash course covers the basics of what you need to know to build an identity for your business and communicate that identity to potential customers. We'll talk about brand values, target audiences, and how to tie it all together. You'll walk away with the framework for building your own brand, and an action plan for moving forward.
Teacher – Christina Lembo
Cooking Up Good Memories
Looking to create a unique gift to bestow on your family members? Then it’s time to start “Cooking Up Good Memories,”
Combine your collection of special recipes with the memories they bring back. Grandmother’s special pastry. Your mother’s soup. Favorites that became favorite because they came to you with love and laughter from dear neighbors or friends.
As author (and himself a good cook) Pat Conroy said, “A recipe is just a story that ends in a good meal.” Creating a family legacy cookbook is the ideal way to ensure that both your recipes and their stories will continue to satisfy generations to come. Bring copies of three favorite recipes (and wear your favorite apron if you have one!) to use as memory triggers.
Teacher – Paula Stahel
October 3rd Saturday 1:00 – 4:00p
Creative Business Workshop: Creating A Culture They'll Love
Hiring Right & Creating Culture Workshop
Hiring And Managing People You’ll Love And The Scoop On Creating A Culture They’ll Love
Before You Can Create An Amazing Work Environment, The Right People Need to Get on the Bus
- The importance of the interview process, from picking up cues to really getting the full picture of the candidate. Our secret interviewing techniques exposed.
- Understanding work personality types from Noisy Nellys to Busters and everything in between.
- Breaking up is hard to do. Knowing when and how to let go of someone that is not welcome on the bus any longer.
How I Created a Unique Workplace (it always involves food) - At School There is Recess, and In Our Company There is Some Time Set Aside for Play
- From the furniture to lighting to music and snack choices, create the atmosphere and mood you want to work in each day.
- Games are as much about fun as they are about motivating and teambuilding. We’ll talk about examples I have created through the years from The Aesthetically Challenged Ornament Breakfast to Decades Week (costumes encouraged). How 1 – 3 hours out of your month can make all the difference in your team’s experience.
- How to make meetings better and cure your company of Useless Meetings Syndrome
CEO and Founder of Invitation Consultants/Matrick & Eve, Allison De Meulder has been a Nationally recognized pioneer and entrepreneur in the paper goods industry for the past 15 years. She is currently writing her first book. Teacher – Allison De Meulder
Creative Writing Exploration 9 till 11am
Teacher – Phoebe Brown