Tampa Bay Letter Writers
Calling anyone who loves writing and keeping in touch. This group is dedicated to those interested in letter writing, snail mail, and mail art. Our goal is to keep putting pen to paper, typing, and keeping the written word alive. This includes all forms of correspondence. We host regular letter writing socials and special events throughout Tampa Bay. We look forward to meeting everyone and bringing the joys of letter writing to as many folks as possible. Everybody brings something to share and we have a monthly theme. How cool is that?
The Tampa Bay Letter Writers are a group of everyday people who are not afraid to go rogue and unplug from the digital realm. Once a month we embrace our love of the written word and gather together to pen missives.
- Gatherings are the last Saturday of the month at The Paper Seahorse
- Bring your favorite pens and paper
- Bring your own postage
- Phones down, pens up! We want you to truly unplug. So please keep screens to a minimum and use this time to put your pens to paper.
- Pick one of many writing nooks provided and write your letters, Thank You notes, holiday cards, etc.
- Stationery trading is encouraged (hoarders will be mocked)
- Libations will flow
- Magic will be made
While You’re With Us
- Find kindred spirits who love the beauty of finely crafted letter writing tools
- Type on a vintage typewriter
- Get inspired by what others are doing with mail art, hand lettering and vintage postage
- Geek out over old postal ephemera
- Drop your finished letters off at The Paper Seahorse mailbox
- Leave knowing you made the world a better place
Want to become a member? Learn more and sign up here.
RSVP to our next social here. (Your first meeting is free then it is member-based to help us cover our operating costs.)
Long live snail mail!