How can you stay sane in a pandemic? Being calm and learning how to take each moment as it comes along. This rollercoaster we have all been on is testing each and everyone of us. Staying safe at home has cast all of us into a sea of screens. Now more than ever, we need to find a way to be balanced and healthy. Healthy mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It all starts with being in the moment. Sips of mindfulness will get us through this. Sure Netflix and comfort food help but we really need the long term tools to help us.
Enjoying a digital detox is the first step. It is the number one everyday distraction that is with us no matter what else is going on. The phone, the computer, the TV, all screens all the time. It can be easy to go from one to the other, then cycle back again. Reducing that screen time is key to staying sane.
How can we do that? Here are half a dozen of our top ideas that are simple, healthy and calorie-free:
1. Put your phone in a time out - out of sight, out of mind.
2. Hide the remote - designate only one time a day to watch TV.
3. Replace screen time with another habit - instead of scrolling, get outside, walk around the block.
4. Make a cup of tea and savor a quiet moment - a midday meditation of looking out the window or sitting on porch.
5. Listen to one side of a record - close your eyes for one song and really listen.
6. Do something with your hands - write a letter.
Learn more and discover serenity in The Little Box of Calm.
Comments will be approved before showing up.